Scientific name - Zoysia japonica 'SS500'
Empire Zoysia is an excellent choice for your new lawn. It will retain its fantastic looks with a minimum of maintenance, hence its nick name, E.Z. Grass ( easy grass ). Although it will thrive in all areas of Australia, it is ideally suited to the south east Queensland conditions.
Empire Zoysia characteristics
- Empire Zoysia has fast growing runners that cover the ground which makes it hard wearing and quick to self repair.
- Empire Zoysia has a brilliant green colour and will retain its colour with little maintenance even during winter.
- Empire Zoysia is moderately shade tolerant and will do well in filtered light areas where other grass types will fail.
- Empire Zoysia has thick stolons, strong rhizomes and a deep root system that gives it a great drought tolerance.
- Empire Zoysia requires less mowing owing to its tendancy to grow across the ground rather than upwards.
- Empire Zoysia does not thatch like other turf types so consequently will tend not to scalp when mown.
- Empire Zoysia has an excellent salt tolerance and will thrive in coastal areas.
- Empire Zoysia forms a thick dense mat which minimises the possibility of weeds establishing.
- Empire Zoysia displays excellent resistance to pests and diseases.
- Empire Zoysia is ideal for a domestic lawn, commercial premises and public spaces.
Empire Zoysia - "It just keeps looking good"